Hei there! Are you already in Kuala Lumpur or are you planning to visit the capital of Malaysia? In both the cases, you should continue reading because I am gonna tell you where to take the best photo of Petronas Twin Towers in KL! Do you think am I arrogant to say so? A little bit, but I feel very confident to provide you with these tips about this great photo spot since even Nikon Malaysia contacted me to congratulate for this shot.
WHERE TO TAKE THE BEST PHOTO OF PETRONAS
To reach the SkyBar you have to enter for the Traders Hotel Kuala Lumpur and take the elevator to the last floor. The environment is very elegant but at the same time, I found an atmosphere very easygoing, which made me feel comfortable to take all the necessary shots.
Since I reached the location an hour before the sunset I killed the time drinking a beer. Naturally, the prices are not the common ones in KL but neither impracticables. For a beer, you will see fly away 25 MYR (5.40 €)
TIPS & TRICKS TO TAKE THE BEST PHOTO OF PETRONAS
To take the best photo of Petronas you should:
- Find the best spot to sit close to the window. I choose the first sofa entering on the right;
- As mentioned before, even if you will be in a chic environment, make you comfortable and take out your equipment;
- For my shot, I made large use of the pillows, using them as a tripod for a better composition;
- Since I had no polarizer filter, to cut the reflections on the windows I have been supported by my girlfriend using a pillow to block the lights on the glass;
- Use a remote shutter release or just the self-timer in the camera, to avoid any kind of shake.
- Take the best photo of Petronas Twin Towers.
WHY ARE THE PETRONAS TWIN TOWERS SO ICONIC?
The Petronas Twin Towers according to the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat, were considered to be with their 451,9 meters and 88 floors, the tallest buildings in the world between 1998 and 2004, remaining still nowadays the tallest twin skyscrapers.
The Petronas Twin Towers are surely the icon of Kuala Lumpur and are owned by KLCC Property Holdings a property investment company which manage even the Suria KLCC, the big mall at the feet of the towers, populated mostly by high-end shops and international brands.